Our School as a Church School
Well over a century ago, our school was built by the Church of England on land given by the Lady of the Manor, Miss Ellen Mackworth-Dolben in 1900. It was opened on 15th June 1900, and we have enjoyed a close relationship with the Church ever since.
Our Anglican School aims to work in partnership with parents, the Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin and the Peterborough Diocesan Board of Education to develop members of the community who respect other faiths. Whilst our aims and values are based on the Christian Faith, the school is inclusive and welcomes children of any faith or none.
Our links with St. Mary the Virgin Church are extensive and wide-ranging. Some members of our Governing Body are nominated by the Church and, as well as working hard to support the leadership of the School, they provide practical help with aspects of school life such as Collective Worship and supporting with elements of the curriculum.
The Church also provides a venue for School events, such as the Harvest Festival, Christmas, Easter and the end of the academic year services. Both Church and School benefit greatly from this excellent association and are enriched by it.
In July 2019, the Junior School had a SIAMS Inspection, receiving a grading of good - please click here for the report.