Finedon Schools cater for children from 4 to 11 years old (4-7 Infants and 7-11 Juniors). Parents are warmly invited to visit the schools to see us in action.
How do I apply for my child to have a place at Finedon Schools?
We follow the defined process that is set by the Northamptonshire Local Authority. Therefore you must make your application to them. The website link here will provide more detail, but below we outline the basic issues:
- You must apply directly to Northamptonshire County Council for a place at either of our schools.
- The schools presently have an admission number of 45 pupils per year group.
- You can apply at any time for an in-year admission and the County Council Admissions Team will allocate you a place if we have a space.
- If your child is due to start school in September 2019, the closing date for applications was 5pm on 15 January 2019, however you can still make a late application.
- In the event of the schools being oversubscribed, the places will be offered in accordance with our Admission Criteria:
- Admissions Criteria for Finedon Infant School 2020/21 (Learning for Life Education Trust) - for September 2020 start into Reception
- Admissions Criteria for Finedon Mulso CE Junior School 2020/21 (Learning for Life Education Trust) - for September 2020 start into Year 3
- Admissions Criteria for 2019/20 (Learning for Life Education Trust) - for September 2019 start into Reception
- Admissions Criteria for 2018/19 (Irthlingborough and Finedon Learning Trust) - for September 2018 start into Reception
- If your child is unsuccessful in gaining a place at Finedon, please contact the School Administrator and ask to be put onto the waiting list.
If you currently have a child in year 6 details of Secondary School applications can be found here.